27 October 2009

Texas Clay Festival



This past weekend was the famous "Texas Clay Festival," a ceramics fair and sale originated several years ago by local potters. Well known ceramic artists from throughout Texas are invited to attend and display their wares. I've always wanted to attend the Texas Clay Festival, and now I am located only five minutes away from the big event. My brother is invited to participate each year, and, owing to a recent accident, he needed help setting up the display and also manning the booth. N. and I along with friends Randy and Barbara from East Texas were a part of the event from set up to tear down. Now I know a lot more about the pottery business than ever before. (Hint: it is a lot of work!)

The weather was beautiful--bright blue skies, cool, crisp temperatures, and the crowds were impressive on both days. The pictures will give some idea of the fun atmosphere. I am already looking forward to next year!

No comments: