06 February 2009

Time Zones





After more than two months in the Central Time Zone, I am still not used to it. Somehow, it just doesn’t “feel” right.

The surprising aspect of this to me is that I once never thought I could get used to the Eastern Time Zone. Prime Time at 10:00 pm? News delayed until 11:00? Waiting until 11:30 for “Saturday Night Live”? Now the switch back seems abnormal.

I miss my old buddy Brian Williams, but there is just no way to watch the NBC Nightly News at 5:30—the middle of the afternoon! I have to admit, however, that I’ve watched more of “The Tonight Show” in the last two months than in the preceding 10 years.

Next week I will be on the East Coast for a week-long meeting. I imagine when I return I will be thoroughly confused. And then soon it will be time for Daylight Savings Time again!
And, in case you are wondering what the llama has to do with time zones, the answer is absolutely nothing. I just love that old feller, whom I first met at a farm in Williamstown, Massachusetts and thought I should share him with the world.

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

On the west coast imagine the Oscars, that take place in California starting at 6PM, are telecast on the east coast at 9PM and delayed on the west coast until 9PM so we don't get to watch it live!

chinnb said...

On the other hand, who would want to tune into the Oscars at 6:00 pm?