08 August 2009

Weeds


No, not the landscape type--the television show. We never had "Showtime" (and never had the time to watch the channels we did have) so we never watched "Weeds" until this summer. Thanks to Netflix, we are now halfway through the second season with, what, three more to go? Oh, my! I am very glad we do not have little children around when this show is on. What dialogue! The writing for this series is simply superb--but I would hate to have to try to explain some of what the characters are talking about to a younger viewer. I loved Mary Louise Parker in "Fried Green Tomatoes," so I was curious to see what she would do with this rĂ´le. I think she is terrific--and the rest of the cast very good as well. This is the first time I have ever watched a television series without waiting a week in between. Especially fun on these warm summer nights when we have no desire to sit outside.

No comments: